Created exclusively for ASRS plan participants
Depending on your Medicare eligibility and where you live, you have two Medicare Advantage plan options:
UnitedHealthcare® Group Medicare Advantage HMO plan—Arizona only
With this plan, you and anyone else covered must each choose a Primary Care Physician (PCP) from the HMO network, and choose from the same network1 for all physicians, specialists or facilities used.
- Your PCP must be your first stop for care—if needed, they can refer you to a specialist in the HMO network.
- There is generally a copay when seeing your PCP or another network provider; if you get care out-of-network, however, you’ll have to pay the full cost.
- Remember, even with a referral from your PCP, you should always check that the doctor you see is in network.
UnitedHealthcare® Group Medicare Advantage PPO plan—nationwide
Under the PPO, plan, you’ll have access to our nationwide coverage.
- See any doctor—in- or out-of-network—for the same cost share, as long as they accept the plan and Medicare.
- No referrals are needed to see a specialist.
- When looking for a new doctor, we recommend seeing one in our network—we work closely with our network physicians, giving them the resources and tools to help you make better health care decisions.
- Your Rx is covered, too
- Both of our Medicare Advantage plans include a Medicare Part D drug benefit—so you’ll automatically get prescription drug coverage when you enroll in either plan.
Extras designed for how you live
Real Appeal®An online wellness program offering weekly group sessions with a Transformation Coach and tools and resources to inspire activity and weight loss.
SilverSneakers®3Membership in one of thousands of gym locations, plus other fitness activities for every ability. Explore more of SilverSneakers
Renew by UnitedHealthcare® 4A participant-only health and wellness experience offering education, inspiration, activities and tips. See all the ways to feel new
Telephonic Nurse Support5Receive access 24/7 to nurse consultations and clinical resources at no extra cost. Want examples of how it helps?
Virtual Doctor and Behavioral Health visits6Access to a physician or behavioral health specialist from anywhere and any device. Learn more about how it works
UnitedHealthcare HearingGet access to hundreds of name-brand and private-label hearing aids — available in-person at any of our 7,000 UnitedHealthcare Hearing providers nationwide7 or through home delivery. Want to hear more?
Post-discharge mealsTake advantage of 84 home-delivered meals immediately after an inpatient hospital stay or skilled nursing stay through Mom’s Meals—you just need a referral from a UnitedHealthcare clinical advocate. Explore more in our 2021 Enrollment Guide